Tuesday 29 May 2012

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer

Hello everyone,
I have only recently started using a primer underneath my foundation - I never thought I needed one. But then I started reading beauty blogs and saw many reviews about primers and thought I would try one out. I used 17's Primer (review here) but when that ran out I thought I would try a different one. After reading a few reviews, I decided on Revlon's Photoready Primer.

Revlon describe the primer as "a lightweight primer which smooths and softens skin to create the perfect canvas. Reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines".


(Excuse the chipped nail polish and gross thumb haha!)

The packaging of this is lovely. It's a very sturdy glass bottle with a black pump and a clear plastic lid. The pump is really good quaility and makes it easy to dispense the right amount of product. You can use the primer alone or under foundation. With the hot weather we've been having in the UK recently, I have been wearing it alone and I can honestly say I can see a clear difference in my skin. visibly reduces pores, and even though it doesn't claim to even skin tone, I saw a difference in my skin - I normally have red patches on my cheeks, and this primer made my skin look even. I can't comment on the effect it has on fine lines since I am only 18 and don't have any yet!

Unblended
Blended

The texture of this is almost like a moisturiser, a white cream which blends into skin easily. However, it sinks into the skin almost immediately and doesn't leave your skin feeling or looking greasy. The pictures above don't really do the product justice as it does reduce pore size dramatically and makes the skin feel very soft.

This creates a really good base for your foundation too. As it smooths the skin, foundation looks almost flawless when applied over this. Also, I found that with this primer, my foundation still looked good at the end of the day, whereas normally my foundation does need to be touched up in the late afternoon.

I would really recommend this primer to anyone looking to try a new one. It is quite pricy for a 'drugstore' primer, I think, but it is worth it. The bottle is massive as well (27ml) and you only need 1-2 pumps for the whole face so it will last you for ages.

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer is available for £11.99 from Boots and Superdrug.

Have any of you tried this?
xx

10 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this but always put it back before going to the till. I'm going to have to pluck up the courage and buy it, especially after your good review! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that a few times cause I thought it was expensive, but i'm glad I did because it's actually really good :)

      Delete
  2. I've tried this, a really good highstreet primer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stuff looks amazing! I must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it, it's the best "drugstore" one i've tried x

      Delete
  4. I have been wanting a primer now for sometime, and I've been researching for the perfect one, which isn't too pricey and well I don't want one that does nothing, but this one keeps cropping back up, as does the witch one, so I may have to pick up the courage and buy one, great review, I'm following :) xx

    http://how-to-smell-the-couture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this one :) another good one is the 17 photo ready one from Boots, it's cheaper but you don't get as much product :/
      Xx

      Delete
  5. I just bought this primer yesterday,Today morning the application 2 went on well , But when I tried to apply my concealer on that OH gosh!

    I dont know wat went wrong I could not blend my concealer N it made it to look patch N all the concealer was visible to others :(, I really don't know wat went wrong, I use a concealer stick since I have a combination skin :), Can anybody advice wat would have gone worng just to add I had used tonner N moisturiser before the primer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this primer so much that after trying i went to shop and bought sevral more jars just in case they will disscontinue it. I use it together with loreal lumi magicque foundation c1 pearl rose shade. I have quite oily skin and makeup shines after 2 hours. This primer keeps my makeup matt for all day long. I promisse you this. Makes my skin toned. Lines are invisible. Skin looks like you see actors or presenters on tv. I really love it. I think that this is currently the best primer on the market.

    ReplyDelete

UA-47681586-1