Saturday 5 January 2013

Nivea Express Hydration Primer


I had been wanting to try this for an absolute age but couldn't seem to find it anywhere, so when I saw it a few weeks ago I snapped it up immediately! I had heard so many good things about this, and as someone who suffers from dry skin, a moisturising primer could only be a good thing!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Nivea claims that this:
"Provides and even and smooth base for effective make-up application and helps your make up stay put.
Absorbs instantly thanks to its light texture.
Uses an effective hydrator for long-lasting moisturisation and soft feeling skin."
 
It is also "enriched with vitamins and natural lotus extract".
 
I really love the glass jar it comes in - it looks so much more expensive than it is! This primer is actually a really strange consistency. It's almost gel-like, which I wasn't expecting at all, I thought it would be just like a moisturiser.
 
The light consistency sinks into the skin really quickly, as long as you don't apply too much! If you apply too much your skin will feel greasy and it will take an absolute age for it to sink in enough for you to apply your foundation.
 
This makes your skin really smooth, without that horrible feeling you can get with the silicone primers. It makes pores appear smaller, and it definitely hydrates the skin! As I said, my skin can get quite dry so with this I no longer have to use a primer AND a moisturiser, just this.
 
I would recommend this 100%. I don't think you can get anything like this on the high-street, meaning it's unique, and it genuinely does work! I have the normal/combination skin formula, but you can get one which is specifically tailored to very dry/sensitive skin. Although I do have dry skin in parts, I felt that the normal/combo formula would suit my skin better.
 
This is £4.99 and available from Superdrug.
 

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. i had a sachet sample of this and i dont know if i was applying it wrong or something, but when i put my foundation on over it the foundation would flake off and roll into little balls. perhaps i was applying too much, i'll have to try again!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've had nothing like that! Such a shame you didn't get on with it xx

      Delete
  2. I got this a few weeks ago and keep meaning to do a review on it. I love it! Feels far better on my face than over primers and really improves the staying power of look of my foundation Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Just love that it doesn't make your face feel horrible like some silicone primers do! Totally agree about making your foundation look nicer too :) xx

      Delete
  3. this sounds amazing! need it x

    ReplyDelete

UA-47681586-1