Sunday 8 April 2012

Current Faves #1

As it's my first post, I wanted to share with you the products that I currently adore. This is a very small (tiny) list of my favourites, as I'm a bit rushed for time, but it's a start.


#1. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 100 Ivory.
£8.99 for 30ml from Boots, Superdrug etc.



Ok, so. This foundation is AMAZING. I don't currently have any swatches of it, but I'm hoping to recify that very shortly! I always used to use Maybelline's 24 hour Dream Satin Liquid, but a friend reccommended I try this, and boy, I was not disappointed. The first thing you notice is that, for a foundation, this smells absolutely divine, which I believe is relatively typical of Rimmel products? I don't know for sure as it's not a brand I own a lot of. It provides medium coverage, and isn't too thick or too runny. The colour is perfect for my skin tone, though I believe that this particular range only comes in 6 shades, so there may not be a shade for everyone. I'm hoping personally Rimmel will introduce more shades soon. The foundation has a light shimmer, but not an extremely obvious in-your-face glittery one. It's subtle, and very pretty.


#2. Boots 17 Photo Flawless Skin Primer.
£4.99 for 15ml from Boots.


The claim that this product makes is that it "minimises pores" and "prolongs foundation wear". It certainly minimises pores, and makes your skin super soft in the process. And I mean SUPER soft. It's the softest I've ever felt my skin put it that way. With regards to prolonging foundation wear, I'm not so sure. I tried the Rimmel foundation with the primer and without, and honestly I didn't really notice much difference. Perhaps it's because the foundation has superb staying power without it, I don't know. I'll have to try it with a different foundation to test it. Despite this, I need this in my life, haha. It's awesome, and such a bargain. Though, it is a small tube.

#3. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero.
£13.00 for 1.2g from Debenhams, House of Fraser etc.


I have used this eyeliner for roughly 3 years now, and I can't see me changing anytime soon.The pencil itself is super soft, and this eyeliner stays on all day. That's all I have to say about this really, I love it. I suppose it's quite expensive compared to other brands out there, but in my opinion, it's totally worth it.

#4. Model's Own Nail Polish in Magenta Divine NP005.
£5.00 for 14ml from Boots or www.modelsownit.com



I have only recently discovered Model's Own, and I am seriously impressed with their nail polishes, though I can not comment on any of their other products, since I have not tried them. This is a dense bright pink glitter. The longevity of the polish is amazing. I applied it before I went to bed, I went to work for 9 hours (I work in retail, so lots of scrabbling about in a till for change), and there was not one single chip or any evidence of tipwear at all. Impressive. I'll definately be trying more Model's Own polishes.



Disclosure: The product[s] featured in this post were bought by myself. I am in no way paid to endorse these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47681586-1