Saturday 15 December 2012

Rimmel Clear Complexion Pressed Powder


This is a product I actually picked up completely by accident. I actually meant to purchase Rimmel's Stay Matte powder, but I was in a rush and accidentally got this one instead. I had never read any reviews or even heard about this before, but as I had already bought it I thought I'd give it a whirl.
 
 
 
 
The packaging is pretty standard for a pressed powder really - it has a clear lid, although the base is a really lovely bluey green colour. It's not amazing packaging, but it's not the worst I've ever seen. It feels quite flimsy, so I wouldn't want to be throwing it around in case the powder smashed inside it.
 
I have the shade "Transparent" and from looking at the Boots and Superdrug websites, that is actually the only shade it comes in. This is supposedly a translucent powder which won't add any colour to your face, but I would imagine this might not work too well on darker skin tones.
 
Rimmel claim this gives a "pure and shine-free finish for up to 5 hours". They also say it controls shine and mattifies skin. I actually like that they say it will last 5 hours - none of these claims that state the product will last for 24 hours, when 9 times out of 10, it just isn't true!
 
I find this product does last around 4/5 hours before I feel it needs touching up, mainly around my nose and on my chin which are the oiliest parts of my face.
 
I usually suffer from quite dry skin but lately it's been getting more and more oily so I was keen to see if this would mattify my skin. I find that it does help to keep oil at bay, but if you want something that keeps oil at bay throughout the entire day, then I probably wouldn't recommend this. I tend to touch up once or twice during a typical day.
 
Overall, I do think it's a good product. I love the fact they are truthful about the longevity of it, although I do wish it lasted slightly longer!
 
I probably wouldn't repurchase this, simply because I do prefer the Stay Matte powder, but I know some people don't get on with that so this may be a good alternative.
 
This is £3.99 and available from Boots and Superdrug.
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Never used this before I don't seem to have much luck with powder xx

    Tia
    xxx
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to have much luck either but the rimmel stay matte one is really good :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh I should try this! I'm loving the Stay Matte at the moment:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the stay matte one to this, but this is definitely quite similar :) xx

      Delete

UA-47681586-1