Wednesday 5 September 2012

Beauty Vs Brains Tag

Hello everyone!
I've seen this tag pretty much everywhere at the minute and I thought I would do my own one as I've really enjoyed reading everyone elses!
 
 
1. Favourite Book
Actually I used to read quite a lot but now I'm at uni I tend to read reaaally boring textbooks and so I can't remember the last time I read a book for fun! (Oh, actually I did read Fifty Shades of Grey but we won't go there..). I think for this one I may have to say Harry Potter. I read them when I was about 11 or 12 and to this day I still *love* them. This is a really obvious answer and may sound geeky to some of you, but I don't care. I like them :)
 
2. Favourite Quotation
"If you don't laugh at life, you will cry". An obvious meaning to that one, but one I always remember when I feel myself getting wound up or stressed - most of the time I try to laugh it off or make light of it and this usually helps me feel better. Obviously I am not saying that it's not 'okay' to cry, it is, but some things you just need to laugh at :)
 
3. English or Maths?
Ah, english. I hated maths at school and forever wondered when on earth I would need to use Pythagoras's theorem in real life. My maths teacher used to assure us we would definitely need it in whatever career path we chose, but I can honestly say I have never ever used any of the ridiculously long theories or formulas since my last GCSE maths exam.
 
4. Five Musical Artists that Changed your Life
Erm.. I'm not really as into music as some people are. I like music don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say music has "changed my life". So, five musical artists that I like are: Example, You Me At Six, Foo Fighters, Florence & The Machine and Lady Gaga.
 
5. Favourite and Least Favourite School Subjects
I did a GCSE in Travel & Tourism and that was definitely my favourite and my least favourite was probably science. I hated the teacher and I couldn't get my head round anything she said. The worst thing of all was when you had to balance those chemical equation things.. erm, what?
 
6. Favourite Celebrity "with a brain"
Haha, I don't know why but this question made me laugh. But for me the answer was easy. Well, answers, as my favourite "celebrities with brains" are without a doubt David Attenborough and Stephen Fry! :)
 
7. If you could study anything anywhere, what would it be?
Before I started university, I wanted to be a midwife but I decided against it and decided to study a teaching degree instead, but there have been times when I have wished I'd done midwifery, so I'll have to say that.
 
8. What is your "Nerdy Little Secret"?
I don't really have one to be honest. Um.. I do tend to watch a lot of crime related things on the telly and always get fascinated by them haha. My boyfriend thinks it's really weird but I do enjoy watching them :P
 
9. Favourite Beauty Gurus who you Admire for More than their Love for Beauty/Fashion
Totally obvious answer but Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter and Zoe from Zoella. They genuinely seem like such lovely ladies and they never fail to make me smile with their videos :)
 
10. If your Channel couldn't Focus on Beauty/Fashion, what would it be?
I don't have a channel, so if my blog couldn't focus on beauty/fashion I would love to have a blog with recipes and just general lifestyle-y posts.
 
11. Name A Person Who Inspire You (no friends of family)
This question was actually "name five people who inspire you", but I genuinely can't think of five seperate people so I changed it. However, this isn't one specific person but rather a group of people who have inspired me recently, and it is the olympic and paralympic athletes. They dedication they have to their sports is amazing and it has definitely inspired me to start going to the gym more often, and participate in sports I probably wouldn't have looked twice at before.
 
12. Who is your Intellectual Soulmate?
Genuinely I have no idea what this means so I can't really answer haha. If you do know what this means, feel free to tell me haha. :)
 
 
 
Of course, I tag anyone who wants to do this! Let me know if you try it :)
xx

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for following me & Following you back in return! Great post!
    My Lyfe ; My Story

    @MyLyfeMyStory 


    ReplyDelete

UA-47681586-1